Good evening (slash potentially morning) ladies, gentlemen, those who identify as neither, you filthy reds, and the dirty blues.
I had a whole speech planned out - but then I started writing it and realised that nothing except my entire opening line was actually any good. So that whole thing went to the scrapheap, and you are left with what ribbons of words I could string together after that.
Firstly, we’d like to thank you guys for being amazing. We’ve only been open as an ask blog for less than three months (23rd of December, come on!) but you guys just kept coming out of the woodwork with amazing questions that made us laugh, made us draw, or write, and sometimes made us get into heated arguments that mostly lie around unresolved until we can be bothered diving headlong back into them.
So, for all 134 of you, thanks. It’s been an absolute pleasure to have you RvBers around!
Secondly, if you don’t have a round of applause for Mimi, I’m going to be shocked and appalled. This whole caper was her idea, and without her skills it would’ve long since died.
Which brings us to our third announcement.
It’s giveaway time, motherfuckers!
First Place: Your very own brand new copy of the RvB Awards DVD, the Forward Unto Dawn Halo Miniseries DVD, and your choice of a drawn picture (of your choice, though be reasonable)/a 1000 word fic/a Master Chief bobblehead painted in the RvB character colour of your choosing
Second Place: A copy of the RvB Awards DVD and a drawn picture or 1000 word fic of your choice
Third Place: A copy of the RvB Awards DVD
The rules are pretty simple:
- The giveaway is open from now until midnight, January 11th (PST). We realise it’s post-Christmas but we want to make sure it doesn’t actually get lost in the mail
- You don’t have to be following us to reblog, but we won’t complain if you are or do.
- You can reblog as many times as you like in the period leading up to the end date, but try to be reasonable about it, alright? You’re a great fandom, and we’d like to see it kept that way.
- We’re happy to ship to most places, so don’t worry if you live on the other side of the world, it’ll get to you.
- Make sure your ask is open to receive notifications if you win, so we can contact you for details
- That’s roughly it. Good luck everyone!
Guys, just a heads up, this ends in two days time, so if you want to do a reblog one last time, go ahead.